Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Power of Bringing a Guest! Meet student Joey Klen...

At Fred Astaire we are constantly encouraging our students to bring guests! Many of you may bring guests on occasion, but not every student understands just how important it is to you, your studio, and most importantly your guest. Bringing guests to dance is not about scoring bonus lessons (although that certainly is a great perk!), and it is not about your teacher trying to gain referrals (although again, that certainly is a perk for your studio family!), it is about sharing the benefits of ballroom dance with friends and family. Ballroom dance and the benefits that come from adding a new fitness hobby and social outlet dramatically changes peoples lives for the better. Meet Joey Klen from the South Barrington location...

"I am so glad that I actually listened to my dad for a change when he suggested that I call to schedule my first dance lesson. He started taking lessons shortly before my brother's wedding, and he knew that I would enjoy it since we have both always loved to dance. After a couple weeks of saying I would call but putting it off, I finally called to schedule my introductory lesson. Well, as they say, the rest was history from there: I really enjoyed my first lesson, signed up for my first lesson package, and was at the studio at least twice a week for lessons and group classes. I have truly enjoyed learning to dance, and everyone that I have met through the Fred Astaire Family (both at my own studio as well as the rest of the studios in the Chicago area) has been very welcoming and encouraging. I have made a number of new friends, and in just over half a year of dancing, I competed in my first regional competition and took home the Top Newcomer Male award. I'm grateful to have been my dad's guest to start dancing!" - Joey Klen
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment